It is a farmland of 300 acres in the municipality of farsala at the county of Larisa and in the municipality of Thaumakos - Domokos at the county of Fthiotida, where we cultivate two varieties of pistachio trees. The classic variety from Aigina and Pontikis variety with more noble characteristics in our opinion.
The pistachios that are cultivated at papastathis farm is a product from Thessaly, wrist of 7500 trees. This product is a result of the combination of a variety of factors that confer unique characteristics that make it irresistible.
The particularly geomorphologic and climatic characteristics of the region and the meticulous care farming , lead to the management demanding specifications described in the product.
The soil analyzes in conjunction with those of leave diagnosis are communication tools with our trees, to ensure their fertile nutrient environment. Cultivating with strict rules of good agricultural practices and using only approved and authorized plant protection substances under the Greek and European legislation. Each batch is tested in every stage of the production process from the tree to the consumers, looking for pesticides residues, aflatoxins in order to privet from reaching to the consumers.
IT IS A TOTALLY GREEK PRODUCT
Why us ?
- There is consciousness in consistent quality and product safety.
- Our engagement with the subject gave us the chance to collaborate with many other growers of pistachios and other crops in Thessaly.
- Our education level helps us in proper and valid understandings.
- Our next target is to enter in larger retail markets.
- WE, certain producers of pistachio and other nuts, are going to be here every year with the standard.
Why our product ?
- Growing with all the rules of good agricultural practice.
- Ours product is cultivated in a defined geographical unity of -THESSALIA - .
- Products from a certain region, with the same climatic growing conditions, certain varieties of trees , same physical characteristics , and evolving cultivation techniques.
- Each lot is accompanied by a certificate of inspection pesticide persistence and detection of aflatoxins and if requested nutritional value etc.
Our product is disposed in packages of 250g, 500 g, 1000 g packed in plastic tray with lid in modified atmosphere or in a propylene bag or upon request in a sack of 25 Kg.
Giannis Papastathis or Papastathopoulos (Uncle John) a farmer with origin from Roumeli born in 1872, raised a family consisting of 8 children at Thaumako-Domokos, cultivating a small part of land that the capabilities of the time allowed. Live to grow old with the family of his son Thanasi Papastathopoulou at Volos, who with diligence and vigor managed to establish a significant private holding to arable land. He raised three children (physicist, doctor, civil engineer). After his death, his son John (civil engineer), although he continued his professional activity in the construction sector, he increased the patrimony property. He installed the first orchard at Farsala the prefecture of Larissa, with an area of 120 acres. At the same time he started planting new orchards at Thaumako Fthiotidos which, after the completion of the three year development plan in 2014 will consist of the area 300 acres. On his side his worthy attendants- partners, his three sons Thanasis, Panagiotis and Theophanis. Tireless workers and leaders at the same time, in one hand Panagiotis agriculturist and on the other hand Thanasis, a food technologist, have the knowledge and insight acquired in order to offer a high standard product. Following integrated management practices of cultivation according to the standards AGRO, and practical treatment of the product in accordance with ISO 22000, applying their scientific knowledge, the experience of their father, and their mothers’ guidance (director and technical director of the accredited laboratory analysis of food and water Q & Q analysis www.qq-analysis.gr), guarantee a quality and tasty final product, worthy of the expectations of a Greek original nut. It is a product coming from a demanding family that has set high standards in their professional activity.